Lead time is one (1) week after slide is received for orders require shipping, walk-in orders available in 30-minute while you wait.
Milling service for mounting Trijicon RMR sight to the slide.
I machine to the nominal RMR dimension, then enlarge the front/back wall 0.0005" at a time until the RMR just fit in. This means you are required to ship the RMR you plan to use along with sending in the slide.
The width of the o-ring on the RMR is just slightly wider than the width of the slide, therefore a sealing plate is required. You may send in one with the slide, or purchase one when you order.
You may send in the complete or stripped slide. Rear sight, if present, will be removed if you choose "remove rear sight" option and return to you with the slide.
Upon ordering, instruction will be provided for you to mail in the slide. Customer is responsible for shipping the slide in.
Price includes return shipping after milling.
- There are no "post" for the screw holes protruding from the surface.
- While it can increase thread engadgement length, it's achieved at the cost of a smaller diameter screw. It is our opinion that there are enough thread engadgement as-is without the post, and the trade off isn't worth it.
- The "post" also cannot be used to locate the sight on X/Y plane, as the sight would be overconstrained.
- The mounting screws are therefore used to constrain the sight only on the Z direction.
- The front locating pins are diamond-shaped, this is again to not overstrain the sight. The inner, two opposing face of the posts are used to constrain the sight on Y direction (along the bore).
- The front and back walls are used to constrain the sight on the X direction.
I offer walk-in appointment at my shop is located near Duvall, WA. The milling process takes about 30-minutes, and can we wait for the machine to do its thing and chat about guns.
After you placed the order, please use this link to select a time slot to make the appointment.