Lead time is one (1) week after slide is received for orders require shipping, walk-in orders available in 30-minute while you wait.
Milling service for mounting Trijicon RMR sight to the slide.
I machine to the nominal RMR dimension, then enlarge the front/back wall 0.0005" at a time until the RMR just fit in. This means you are required to ship the RMR you plan to use along with sending in the slide.
The width of the o-ring on the RMR is just slightly wider than the width of the slide, therefore a sealing plate is required. You may send in one with the slide, or purchase one when you order.
You may send in the complete or stripped slide. Rear sight, if present, will be removed if you choose "remove rear sight" option and return to you with the slide.
Upon ordering, instruction will be provided for you to mail in the slide. Customer is responsible for shipping the slide in.
Price includes return shipping after milling.
Available on double/wide double stacked Glock models, except MOS models, G17L, G41, G44.
Not available for single stack models such as G21, G43, G43X, G48.
Design considerations / Why I do differently than others
- There are no "post" for the screw holes protruding from the surface.
- While it can increase thread engadgement length, it's achieved at the cost of a smaller diameter screw. It is my opinion that there are enough thread engadgement as-is without the post, and the trade off isn't worth it.
- The "post" also cannot be used to locate the sight on X/Y plane, as the sight would be overconstrained.
- The mounting screws are therefore used to constrain the sight only on the Z direction (keep the red dot down on the slide).
- The front locating pins are diamond-shaped, this is also to not overstrain the sight. The inner, two opposing face of the posts are used to constrain the sight on Y direction (along the bore).
- The front and back walls are used to constrain the sight on the X direction.
- Read more here: https://dotechne.com/blog/how-we-do-slide-milling-and-why-is-it-better/
Walk-in available for Seattle-area customers (temporarily unavailable)
I offer walk-in appointment at my shop is located near Duvall, WA. The milling process takes about 30-minutes, and can we wait for the machine to do its thing and chat about guns.
After you placed the order, please use this link to select a time slot to make the appointment.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Slide Milling for G19 slide
Sent Derek my slide and he had it back to me in 4 days. The optic cut looks perfect with insane precision. I added the black cerakote which turned out great. He also installed my Trijicon suppressor height irons too which was very nice of him. Extremely pleased with the work done on my slide and will very likely be back in the future. Thanks Derek!!
Optic fits like a glove
Great work with fast turnaround, couldn’t have done a better job with my slide.
RMR slide milling
Professional job custom attaching my Trijicon RMR type 2 to a G19. Derek does beautiful, precise, thoughtful work. Will be having him do a duplicate job on another G19 soon. Very highly recommended
Excellent job. I would recommend to anyone looking for a red dot style sight on their glock.